Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a friend ...  (Read 2858 times)
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« on: January 27, 2010, 11:11PM »

I've just heard from a friend of mine, that her daughter, also a friend, has been diagnosed with Chiari Malformation Type I.  In short, this is a condition resulting from a portion of the skull growing too small, or sometimes misshapen, and causing a small portion of the brain to be forced into the spinal column.  It may not show symptoms for years, and sometimes never, and as a result, is often not found for some time.

Andrea has been experiencing recurring migraines, along with a few other symptoms, and this was diagnosed after a series of tests.

There may be a variety of treatments considered, depending on actual symptoms, as well as what results are seen from tests and early treament attempts.  Ultimately, if determined to be appropriate, treatment may include surgery to remove a section of the skull, replacing it with a plate, designed to allow more room for the brain to return to where it's supposed to be.

Obviously, Andrea is really scared at this point, and so is her mom.  I'd ask that they be remembered as the doctors work on figuring out just what the best option is, and try to help this young lady feel better and have the fun and productive life she deserves!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41PM »

Prayers going up, Peter.  How are You doing?

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05AM »

*smiles*

I'm doing okay ... for me it's simply a day to day routine.  Fortunately the issues from last February appear to have been cleared up as much as they ever will.  For now I deal with the dialysis, which is darn inconvenient when I want to plan trips for CW concerts, I'll say that much!  But, it is what it is, so I do what I have to do.  Thanks for asking, though, and thanks for the prayers!
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 05:44AM »

Prayers for all en route...

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: