Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The High Kings on PBS  (Read 87515 times)
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2008, 03:45PM »

That's great Maggie!!! Sounds like they are truly the nice guys we suspected them to be.
I'm very glad that we had you for our un-official forum embassador!!!     

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Zo

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2008, 04:33PM »

Do we get details Maggie?

They deserve the best of success, and I hope you will all not only go see them, but spread the word, just as with Celtic Woman.

(Will that do, lads? I told ye I would put the word out, did I not?)  Wink

I am very much looking forward to seeing their show tonight on our local PBS station WPTD. Right after that the Slane Castle show is on again.

Next Saturday, March 15th, at 8:00, Celtic Thunder is on WOSU. Looking forward to seeing them as well.

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2008, 06:10PM »

Maggie
Glad you got to meet them! Grin  My PBS station called me yesturday to remind me they are on....RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am listening and watching them right now!

Jimmy Murphy is on   Grin

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2008, 06:12PM »

Maggie, it's great to hear that Darren considers you famous.  I hope to see them perform sometime in the future...just as I hope to meet the Famous Maggie in person one day!!!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Maggie
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2008, 06:21PM »

Maggie, it's great to hear that Darren considers you famous.  I hope to see them perform sometime in the future...just as I hope to meet the Famous Maggie in person one day!!!

He was kidding, of course...... Grin

They signed their photos for me, not the other way around!  Grin Grin Grin

But it's nice to know they read the Forum.......
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2008, 06:25PM »

They signed their photos for me, not the other way around!  Grin Grin Grin[/color][/b]

You should autograph 4 photos and send them to the guys.  Bet they would get a kick out of that.
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2008, 06:38PM »

send me one while your at it Maggie!

These guys are good! No...great. Love the harmonies and the melodies.

Okay...I just noticed...they are using regular microphones. No head/face around the ear things.

Ohhhhhhhhhh....Mel............they have a few moves.......

Grin Grin

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 08:44PM »

Do we get details Maggie?

Yes OK, but I was very tired when i got home last night.

I figured that was the case.  Thank you for the details.  I hope to be able to see them in concert at some point this tour.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2008, 08:55PM »

I hope you had/are having fun Maggie!

Bob, THK will be on NPT (Nashville Public Television) Sunday the 16th.
They'll also be in concert at the Ryman on April 19......
But I can't go. Undecided  Couldn't have picked a busier day.  I'm already going to a Casting Crowns concert, and Mom and Dad have a photography something-or-other.  Oh, well.....

CANCEL EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
You HAVE to go see The High Kings! They are THE BEST........without a doubt!
Yes I had a great time.......

I'll try, ma'am! Wink  Glad you met them.  Good to know they read the forum, too. Smiley

Kathleen......New moves.....like you two need those! Cheesy

I have to wait a week to see the show.  (Well, most of it....and the Beg-a-thon.  ugh.)

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
saxy33

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2008, 01:53AM »

Okay just got home from work and watched the high kings on pbs and I just have to they that I'm glad I recorded it.  They were awesome.  I am so buying the dvd now.  I absolutely loved it and I dont think I can get enough of it.  David did a great job again.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2008, 08:36AM »

Saw them on the local PBS station last night! Can't wait to see them at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday and I already pledged for my Meet & Greet tickets when they come to Philly in May!! WOO HOOO !!!!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2008, 02:48PM »

I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but the guys had a few interviews with WTVI in Charlotte.... Here's the link for the main page: http://www.wtvi.org/highkings/index.cfm

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50PM »

Saw THK on our station last Thursday, and I liked it! They were live during the pledge breaks so it made the beg-a-thons easier to take!
Maggie
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2008, 04:00PM »

I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but the guys had a few interviews with WTVI in Charlotte.... Here's the link for the main page: http://www.wtvi.org/highkings/index.cfm

They were at WMFE Studio on Saturday from 8pm to 10pm, and did several interviews and songs.
They did some songs and chatting off camera too. Very sociable guys!

Dave recorded the whole 2 hours, and I appeared a couple of times in the background.
I don't know if they can be seen from the website:

http://www.wmfe.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homepage
Maggie
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2008, 04:20PM »

Saw THK on our station last Thursday, and I liked it! They were live during the pledge breaks so it made the beg-a-thons easier to take!

Usually, if we record a PBS Show, we edit out the Begathon.
This time, because I was part of it, Dave recorded the whole thing! Cheesy

The presenters mentioned the name of the Irish American Cultural Society a few times, and showed our banner, so we were glad of the exposure. However, we tried to get some of our younger members to come along and volunteer, but they were all "busy".
We were afraid the viewers would see all of us oldies and think "I'm not joining that bunch of old ***** (rhymes with arts)!  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: