Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Furey  (Read 14096 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« on: February 18, 2008, 05:48PM »

Here is Martin's MySpace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48501533

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:57PM »

Great find as usual Sara!!
I really wish that they were coming closer to here, or that the Des Moines show was on a weekend. I really can't go into work and ask for another day off to go to a show. Although this is a different band so hmmmmm.................................   

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:21PM »

Great find as usual Sara!!
I really wish that they were coming closer to here, or that the Des Moines show was on a weekend. I really can't go into work and ask for another day off to go to a show. Although this is a different band so hmmmmm................................. 

You've got to make it happen, Bob!

Make sure your local PBS Station knows about THK and put the word out in your local Irish Community.
There has to be an Irish Club with members, Irish Dance school with parents, Irish pub with customers, around you somewhere........tell 'em if they like Celtic Woman....they're going to love The High Kings........
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:29PM by Maggie » Logged
Maggie
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 07:01AM »

Hey Bob - that wish of yours came true BIG TIME! Grin

Anyhow, the reason for this post is a plug for a Movie starring Martin's Dad Finbar Furey.

I want to see it, because as you probably know, I am descended from Irish boxers, including a Heavyweight Champion who lost his title to John L Sullivan.
Also my Dad was an amateur Prize Fighter, I'm glad he had finished boxing by the time I was born, I would not have been able to watch someone punch him.....I would have to jump into the ring and beat the daylights out of the other fella!!!

So this Movie "Strength and Honour" has won 3 awards including Best Film at the Boston Film Festival. The spelling was changed to "Honor" in the USA.

It did not get good reviews in Ireland, mainly because of the "appalling Irish accents" of the 2 American actors, even though one of them (Michael Madsen) won Best Actor, also at the Boston Film Festival.

There is a trailer on YouTube but I can't find the DVD .

You can read about it on Finbar's Site.....you can also buy The High Kings and one of the Bohinta CDs which Martin made with his sister Áine :

http://www.finbarfurey.com/

Finbar is the guy in the cap, between the boxers:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:03AM by Maggie » Logged
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:14PM »

Martin and Finbar are just so lovable
nbrock

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 11:49AM »

Just a note regarding Finbar Furey, Martin's dad.  This is the bulletin on Finbar's website.

".. bit of bad news for Finbar at the moment as he's in hospital having an operation to reattach torn ligaments and muscle and will be out of action for a few months.  Sadly he's had to cancel all gigs for a while, but we'll keep you posted."

Let's all wish Finbar a speedy recovery and good health in the future.  He will certainly be missed by his fans who will be waiting for his return!
Norma
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:47PM »

Wishing Finbar a speedy recover. Hope all is going well!!!

Thanks Norma for posting this here. 
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 08:53AM »

Martin has added new tracks to his MySpace page!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: