Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dallas Show  (Read 7087 times)
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« on: October 08, 2008, 05:16PM »

This is what I posted on myspace. Memories to last a lifetime!!!!!!

To start with, I NEVER dreamed anything could surpass my Houston experience! I am here to say I was completely wrong!!!

There are three phrases that will FOREVER be linked in my mind and heart with the High Kings and the "King's Court" - "Kick-Ass" and "YEEEHAAAWW" (thank you Brian for the later!!). The audience was ready for a "Kick-Ass Show" and the High Kings were ready to deliver a "Kick-Ass Show"!!!! And what a PHENOMINAL job they did!!!!!

The energy coming from the stage was brilliant!!! It seemed the audience was drawn in by the power! The clapping and stomping started! The singing could be heard all around me - even the two little girls behind me of no more than 6 or 7 could be heard! These two knew the words and I couldn't help but turn around and tell them what a fantastic job they were doing! They reminded me so much of Shannon the night before in Houston.

The Kings were, I suppose, in PERFECT harmony and were drawing us all in with their charm and interaction! Brian and Darren had me laughing with their playfulness; Finbarr was so cute and adorable with his EFFORTS to say such words as "Footwork", "Stars", and "Absolutely"; and Martin's smile was so contagious!!!! There was no stopping the High Kings!!!

The solos once again captured my heart! As Brian began to sing "A Storm in My Heart", the chills began to run through me - such emotion and tenderness in his voice! "My Home in Sweet Glen lea" was Finbarr's tale of the traveler! It was brilliant - such a wonderful story teller! I LOVE to watch Martin as he sings...no, as he performs..."Star of the County Down". His smile is incredible and you can't help but clap and sing with him. I clapped along to "The Leaving of Liverpool" as I once again experienced Darren's solo from the front row (by the way, thank you to the ones that did not show up that night as Marsha and I made great use of your seats). And YES, for those who have read the the Houston blog, he took my breath away in Dallas as well!!!

So many songs, so much emotion! "Will Ye Go Lassie Go" and "Paddy's Green Shamrock Shores" always bring tears to my eyes, but this time had the tears rolling down my face. "The Holy Ground", "The Wild Rover", and "The Irish Rover" left me feeling as though I had been transported instantly to Ireland!

No blog is complete without the mention of the "King's Court". Ewan was brilliant as he sang along and brought to life the instruments! Frank was amazing on the Button Accordion! Deirdre and Alexis were "absonutely" (smile Finbarr) beautiful and brought forth beautiful sounds from the Bass and the Fiddle! Andy's talents as a percussionist can make pots and pans in the kitchen sound heavenly - and his smile ain't so bad either!! Anthony is simply wonderful as he breathes life into the bagpipes! Dear sweet Shane with his brilliant smile and sparkling eyes had me in awe with his fancy footwork!!!

As "The Parting Glass" began, I quickly realized I was having a very difficult time singing along with this lump in my throat. I chocked up, the tears started to puddle, and soon began to fall from my eyes. Darren, Brian, Martin, and Finbarr had out-performed themselves. To see their faces as they sang this song for the last time on their FIRST US headlining tour was so overwhelming for me.

I didn't think it was possible to be completely speechless, but the men of the High Kings managed to do it two nights in a row!! We are searching for something in this country to bring the generations together. This wonderful music steeped in tradition is a great place to start!

Thank you Darren, Brian, Martin, and Finbarr for bringing the music of Ireland (and Scotland) to my family and BACK to the USA. Thank you Dallas for showing your love and support to these wonderful men! Thanks to Marsha, Norma, and Charlie for sharing this night with me. Truly a night to cherish with memories burned forever in my heart and soul!

Timi

P.S. The third phrase to be forever linked with the High Kings and the "King's Court" - "Shannon's Mom". Shane, Andy, and Ewan - you brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart to hear you say "Shannon's Mom" when we met that afternoon! Thank you to all three of you!

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:29PM »

Great review, timi!  Thank you!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:22PM »

Very well done "Shannon's Mom"

Thank you for sharing,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:00PM »

Thanks to both of you...Tom,  you brought a smile to my face..."Shannon's Mom" Wink
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 11:14AM »

timi,

I'm glad to be of service,

Have a great week,

Take care,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: