Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finbarr's Blog  (Read 14095 times)
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 23, 2009, 11:18PM »

June 9, 2009 - Tuesday

clancy festival

Hi Everyone,
Just posting a quick blog to let you all know what's been happening and what's coming up. Firstly I'd like to say how delighted and honored we were to be asked to perform on Pat Kenny's last "late Late Show" so Pat if your reading this "Thank you very much". After appearing on Pat's last show on Friday night May 29th we performed in the Jamboree Festival just outside Virginia, County Cavan that Saturday 30th and then on to Dundalk "an Taine" theatre that Sunday 31st where we met up with our good friend Padraig Quigley from Dundalk FM, we had a fantastic reaction from the audiences for both of our concerts which was nice.
That bring's us up to more recent events, last Friday June 5th we performed in the "Hawkswell theatre" in Sligo town, here we had a great night and the audience really enjoyed themselves, after the concert Brian and Darren were whisked off (by Brian) back to Dublin as they had flights early next day, off on their holidays (vacation to our American readers), Martin and I stayed in Sligo for the night and went for a queit pint.
 We are off for this week and the next concert's we have are for the Clancy Brothers Festival yippy! June 12th-15th, I have been looking forward to and hoping to play this Festival since I first heard it was happening, which was just before I joined the High Kings. Well now we're doing it and I could'nt be happier, This will be the highlight of my year. To play a festival in Honor of my Father and my Uncles and lets not forget Tommy Makem either! in my home town of Carrick-on-suir, County Tipperary, with the High Kings is a Huge deal to me, so I hope we play good ha, ha.
Anyway I'll let you know how we get on in the Clancy Festival and also we're playing in Galway June 18th at the Townhall which I'm also looking forward to, and I'll let you know how we get on there aswell.
Until next time, take care of yourselves,
All the best

Finbarr
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:05PM »

February 10, 2010 - Wednesday

Exciting times
Current mood:  excited
Hello Everybody,

Just dropping a quick line about what's happening with me, I just wanted to let you all know that exciting times are ahead for the High Kings.  We have been practicing our new set list for the last few weeks and we're chompin at the bit to get the ball rolling.  Our new set list comprises of all the songs form our new album 'Memory Lane' and of course some favorites from our first album.

This new album 'Memory lane' is being launched on the 'Late late show' this Friday 12th Feb.  We will be performing 'The one road' with the 'Wolfe tones' as a download single for the Irish charity organization 'Goal' all proceeds will go to the Earthquake fund for Haiti.  Our next engagement is at the National Stadium the following night, we're back in the boxing ring again to sing the Irish National Anthem before the title fight.

Our Irish tour starts on Feb. 22nd at the town hall in Galway, then we start up again on March 2nd and wrap things up on April 4th in my home town of Carrick-on-suir, County Tipperary.  There are twenty five gig's in all, and all our dates are available on our website thehighkings.com I hope to see you at one of them, until then take care my friends and all the best,

Finbarr 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: